The Deco prides itself on sparking creativity, being the place to be and building connections between people and businesses within our sector.
In light of the coverage on COVID-19 and the impact it is having globally, The Deco Theatre has been closely considering how we continue to deliver outstanding shows and by bringing people together in a safe environment.
We are mindful of our duty of care and consulting with experts to ensure the wellbeing of every attendee. Following advice from the Government, the Department of Health, Social Care and Public Health England The Deco Theatre will still be opening its doors for its upcoming shows, conferences and training events.
As a ticket holder, we want to let you know that should we be forced to postpone or cancel any show by instruction of the UK government in the first instance we will look to reschedule the show with the promoters. If this is not possible or the rescheduled date is not convenient, we will look to refund all ticket purchases booked through our box office (this will not include P&P or booking fees).
You do not need to do anything; we will contact you within 28 days to make arrangements to refund you. If you have purchased a ticket via another supplier, you will need to contact them directly.
Due to the current situation, we have put in place the following:
We ask all visitors to follow these guidelines (as advised by the NHS):
• If you have been in contact with someone with coronavirus or have returned from an affected area identified by the Chief Medical Officer as high risk and you are feeling unwell with a cough, difficulty breathing or fever, stay at home and use the NHS 111 online coronavirus service or call NHS 111.
• Wash your hands more often than usual, for 20 seconds using soap and hot water, particularly after coughing, sneezing and blowing your nose, or after being in public areas where other people are doing so. Use hand sanitiser if that’s all you have access to.
• To reduce the spread of germs when you cough or sneeze, cover your mouth and nose with a tissue, or your sleeve (not your hands) if you don’t have a tissue, and throw the tissue away immediately. Then wash your hands or use a hand sanitising gel.
If you think you may be affected, please stay indoors, avoiding contact with other people and please contact NHS 111 or 999.
• If you are due to attend a show or event within 14 days and have traveled from Cambodia, mainland China, Hong Kong, Iran, Italy, Japan, Laos, Macau, Malaysia, Myanmar, Republic of Korea, Singapore, Taiwan, Thailand or Vietnam and are experiencing cough, fever or shortness of breath, you should not attend The Deco Theatre, even if symptoms are mild, contact us on 01604 491005.
At The Old Savoy, Home of The Deco Theatre you will also notice:
• Hand sanitizer available at all entrances
- All staff will be briefed on venue protocols surrounding COVID-19
- We have just completed a deep clean and our which will be repeated on a quarterly basis in addition to ensuring cleanliness on a daily basis. stepping up our hygiene procedures, ensuring all surfaces, furniture and equipment is regularly cleaned
- Additional signage will be on display to remind people of how to avoid the spread of germs
- The Deco cleaning teams also are focusing on hygiene around ‘high touch’ areas, where the spread of viruses is more likely. This includes:
1. Hard surfaces: reception areas, breakout areas and toilets
2. Control pads: lifts
3. Door handles: main entrances, hall floor entrances, meeting rooms, stairways and toilet entrances, as well as exit push buttons
4. Handrails and banistersAs COVID-19 runs its course, we will remain vigilant, although optimistic and agile when and where necessary. We aim to continue doing what we do, bringing people together to create connections.
We look forward to seeing you soon.
The Deco Team