COVID 19 Policy
Update with effect from 19th July 2021
Following the update from the Prime Minister on 12th July 2021, we have revisited our policy in relation to COVID 19 guidance, to ensure the safety of all our customers and staff going forward. These requirements will remain in place until there is a significant reduction in new cases being recorded –
- Face coverings will be required when visiting our venue and moving around in ‘shared’ areas, or evidence of exemption will be required to be shown/or be visible. – We retain the right to refuse admission if face coverings are not worn or exemption visible. Once seated these can be removed, or can be removed at the discretion of a tutor/group leader in a training/care situation.
- A non-invasive temperature check will continue to be taken and we will ask you to sanitise on arrival.
- We will continue to ensure that all areas of our venue are regularly disinfected with the ‘fogger’ and toilets regularly cleaned throughout any event.
- We will ensure that the venue is well ventilated.
- To offer our customers a choice, for every show the Upper Circle will be designated a socially distanced area, customers will have a separate entrance, toilet facilities and will be able to order food and drink which will be delivered to their seats.
- Shows that have advertised as being socially distanced will remain socially distanced.
- For all other shows, we will offer any customer who have booked or rescheduled to move to the designated area if they are at all apprehensive or concerned.
- In line with government guidance there will be no limit on the number of people allowed to sit together as a party either as a family, extended family or households together. We have removed the rule of 6 from our online system which will mean up to 20 can now be booked in one transaction online, larger parties can book direct with the box office on 01604 491005.
- For the immediate future whilst infection rates remain high, we reserve the right to request sight your printed NHS COVID PASS which can obtained using the Government NHS app or sight of a negative lateral flow test. We will notify customers when these additional measures are required dependant on audience size.
We promise to provide you with a safe environment in which to enjoy live theatre, learn a new skill, meet friends, enjoy our coffee shop, celebrate your special occasion with us, simply come to work, whatever your reason to visit The Old Savoy, your safety, well-being and comfort is and always will be paramount.
We thank everyone for their support over the past 18 months and very much look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back soon.
Jill and Kev Roach and the team at The Old Savoy